Violence, Naked Force, Has Settled More Issues in History Than Has Any Other Factor......

What a Deadzone week.  Russ and I decided to try out some Psi Nexus Campaign action so we started oiff with Scenario A Get the Intel.  The purpose of the mission is to get the intelligence counter from one of the equipment crates and move it off your deployment zone.  As Plague I was defender and set up first but went second due to the scenario special rules.  We had 50 points to buy forces so I went with a Stage 1 leader, a Stage 2 who earned the name "Steve" due to his outstanding performance, a stage 3 with rifle, a stage 3 with hmg and 2 dogs.


This was the table setup


The was my deployment.  We had corner deployment zones.  My Plan was to rush the dogs up and grab crates, but failure in my part was that the only things that could get the crates were the troopers and the leader.  I did not realize that lol.

Russ's First move had his Commando move and grab a crate, which I immediately played booby trap on.  It did not wound the Model, but blasted him down into an adjacent square, which unfortunately had another crate in it!!!  Good thing it was just equipment.  He was pinned at least.


Russ then moved his leader up and grabbed another crate.  He also suppressed both my HMG and regular stage 3 with a nice burst.  I moved Steve up but he was unable to do anything with his crate.  I also ran the dogs up a little but they were killed by his commandos in some bad rolls.


Russ moved up with some more forces including his Dog and the commandoes were really searching the crates fast I was really feeling like this was lost.  The dog failed to kill the Bomb dog but it did score a wound.


I started moving my Stage 3's toward objectives as that was the name of the game again the Dog failed to kill his dog so they stood there.    Steve on the other hand was moving around the back field getting ready to pounce.


Now was the time for Steve to start his Carnival of Carnage.  He charged up to the Boss and smacked him into OBVLIVIOS killing him with his massive roll of 6 dice.  He then followed up and killed the commando behind him with his free action.  


The Bomb dog killed my Dog and moved into the cube with the HMG and regular stage 3 to lock them down in combat.  Steve continued his carnage, first charging and dispatching a commando on the ground, and then free moving into the Commando holding the Objective killing both and racking up even more kills :)


The Bomb dog finally died after killing the HMG guy, blowing the commando that had moved in to support into the adjacent cube wounding him and the rifle guy. In a mad dash the stage 3, my only model other than the uber slow stage 1 that can pick up objectives,  ran over and grabbed the objective.  At this point Russ was down to 2 models.  In a dirty underhanded move I locked down the non pinned Commando and used my initiative to move my Stage 3 closer to my deployment zone and set up a charge on the pinned Commando with Steve.  Standing up he blazed away at Steve, but I used a card which ignored change of state.  


See victory in my grasp I made a Dash off the table and secured victory with my Stage 3.  

What a GREAT battle.  The Stage 2 really showed just how powerful combining command actions, move cards, actions and free actions can be as Steve just created a swash of dead and destruction once he got into position.  

I learned that plague absolutely sucks as shooting so I will be dropping the HMG for a grenade launcher guy as I think the granade that scatters will do more for me than relying on the hmg rolling well.  

All in all it was a GREAT game. See you all at Huzzah!

FIN

Comments

  1. Hey Tim,
    What game is that? Reminds me of Necromunda alot.
    Thanks,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts